Based on the recommendation of the Hostel Allotment Committee, the hostel is allotted to eligible students by the Hostel in-Charge. PhD and M.Tech students along with the students from outside Delhi are given preference in hostel allotment. Online applications are invited during vacations for existing students.Only 60 percent of the institute’s students can be accommodated in the hostels.
Hostel & Mess Fee Structure
A regular student was charged Rs 60,000 annually, for single room occupancy last year , while on the twin-sharing basis an amount of Rs 45,000 per annum is charged. For girls, the option of triple sharing is also available, for which each student has to pay Rs 40,000 annually. Hostel fees are revised annually. Mess charges may be between Rs 8,000 and Rs 10,000 for four months.
Key Conduct Rules regarding Hostel
- Any act of intimidation or violence, willful damage to property and drunken riotous behavior constitute an offence.
- Smoking, use of narcotics, consumption of alcoholic beverages and gambling are strictly prohibited.
- Damage caused to any room or common areas of the hostel, unless due to natural wear-and-tear, may be charged to individuals causing the damage, or residents collectively.
- Hostel residents are not allowed to keep motorised vehicles on the campus.
- Hostel residents are not allowed to leave the campus after midnight.
- A non-resident cannot stay in the hostel overnight.
- Cooking in the rooms is prohibited.
- A student's parents and other same-gender guests may visit the student in his/her room from 8 am – 8 pm. Any other visitor can only be met in the common room of the hostel.
Contact: Hostel related communications shall be done via only firstname.lastname@example.org. Emails sent to any other email id will not be entertained.