IIIT-Delhi invites applications from bright, highly motivated and hard-working candidates for admission into the Ph.D. program in Computer Science and Engineering (CSE), Electronics and Communications Engineering (ECE) and Computational Biology (CB) under the AICTE Doctoral Fellowship (ADF) Scheme 2022-23.
"The candidates should have qualified GATE/ NET during the last 5 years."
- » The candidate must have secured the minimum percentage of educational qualification prescribed for eligibility as in Under Graduate and Post Graduate be 70% (69.5 % and above) for General/OBC candidates, whereas for SC/ST/Physically Handicapped (PH) be 65% (64.5 % and above). In the absence of percentage, the candidate must have secured minimum cumulative grade point average (CGPA) of 7.5 on the scale of 10 or equivalent at Bachelors and Masters whereas for SC/ST/Physically Handicapped (PH) it is 7.0 on the scale of 10. In addition to above, the candidate should have qualified GATE/ NET during the last 5 years.
- » The candidate should be less than 30 years of age as on date of admission in respective University. However, age relaxation of 5 years would be applicable to candidates belonging to SC/ ST/Women/Physically challenged category .
Regular Ph.D. - Candidates who are not holding regular work/employment and are primarily engaged in their academic program only. Those who are already employed will have to resign and submit the relieving before joining the Programme.
The fellowship will be Rs. 31,000/- pm for the first two years followed by Rs. 35,000/- pm for the third year. HRA will be provided at the rate of 8%, 16% and 24% as per the Government of India (GoI) norms as applicable in the city/ location where the Research Fellow is pursuing their research. HRA will not be admissible to those scholars who are availing hostel facility of the University/Institute. In addition, Contingency Grant will be admissible to the scholars at the rate of Rs. 15,000/- per annum to meet the miscellaneous expenditures.
IIIT Delhi will provide top-ups to the Ph.D. students hired under this scheme to make their fellowship at par with the institute fellowship, i.e., 35,000 per month before the comprehensive exam and 37,000 per month after successfully qualifying the comprehensive exam until the completion of the 5th year.
Additional Financial Support
Support upto Rs 50k is provided towards purchase of laptop/ desktop.
Institute Travel Grant
Full time Ph.D. students are encouraged to present their research work at International Conferences. Financial support of up to Rs. 2L for the entire duration of the program is available.
Overseas Research Fellowship (ORF)
Support upto US $6000 may be considered in deserving cases to conduct research collaborations with reputed Universities/Labs abroad for a period of 3 to 6 months.
Applications are invited from eligible candidates through an open advertisement. Admission is generally offered on the basis of an interview. The Institute will invite a limited number of candidates for interview based on the academic records, statement of purpose, etc. The final selection will be mainly based on academic credentials and interview. The reserved category candidates will be given due relaxation in cutoff marks as per the norms.
The outstation candidates (non-NCR) who are shortlisted to appear for the written test/ interview, will be reimbursed their travel fare by second sleeper or public bus fare by the shortest route, whichever is cheapest. They will have to furnish the proof of travel. If a candidate decides to choose a different mode (e.g. 3AC, air, etc.), they will be only reimbursed the second sleeper or public transport bus fare by the shortest route.
- Candidates can apply only through the online application portal. There is no provision for offline submission of application forms.
- If you are applying for more than one discipline, please submit a separate application for each discipline.
- After successful submission of the application form, you will receive an application number and a link to download the application form. Please save the application form. You need to furnish hardcopy of the application form and self-attested copies of all the relevant documents at the time of interview.
- Incomplete applications will be rejected.
- The application fee for Ph.D. program is as follow:
Rs.150/- : For SC/ST/ PD candidates
Rs.300/- : For other candidates
- Apply Online.
The Institute reserves the right to call or not to call eligible candidates for the admission process.
Institute reserves the right to make changes in the admission procedure including schedule of test/interview. The changes made, if any, will be notified on the website.
|Start Date of Online Application||14th December 2022|
|Last Date of Application Submission||25th December 2022|
|Announcement of Shortlisted Candidates||27th December 2022|
|Conduct of PhD Interview (Online Mode)||30th December 2022|
|Announcement of Results||5th January 2023|
Computer Science and Engineering
|CSE||Internet of Things (IoT)|
|CSE||Big Data, Machine Learning & Data Sciences|
|CSE||Smart Cities, Housing and Transportation|
|CSE||Energy Efficiency, Renewable and sustainable Energy|
|CSE||Augmented Reality(AR)/Virtual Reality(VR)|
|CSE||Social & Organizational Psychology and Behavior|
|CSE||Water purification, conservation and management|
Electronics and Communications Engineering
|ECE||Internet of Things (IoT)|
|ECE||Energy Efficiency, Renewable and sustainable Energy|
|ECE||Smart Cities, Housing and Transportation|
|ECE||Electronics & Photonics|
|ECE||Big Data, Machine Learning & Data Sciences|
|ECE||Energy Production and Storage|
|CB||Big Data, Machine Learning & Data Sciences|
|CB||Energy Efficiency, Renewable and sustainable Energy|
Last updated: 13-01-2023