Financial Assistantship is available for some students in the form of Teaching Assistantship. The same will be paid through AICTE-DBT to the student's’ account directly. Only full-time regular students are eligible for an assistantship. This will be viewed as remuneration for the academic work (teaching/research) being performed for the institute.
Basic Guidelines for Students with Financial Assistance:
- Assistantships shall be awarded to M.Tech students based on the recommendations of the admission committee of the institute at the time of offer of admission. The norms for Assistantship for M.Tech students may be revised from time to time by IIIT-D Academic Senate.
- Chairman Senate may approve some exceptional cases on the recommendation of Dean of Academic Affairs (DOAA).
- Assistantship or scholarship of Rs. 12,400/- per month will be provided to the student for a maximum of 24 months from the date of starting the classes at IIIT Delhi, after completion of all admission formalities.
- Scholarships are liable to be withdrawn, partially or wholly, in the case of misconduct, deliberate concealment of material facts and/or supply of false information.
- Students leaving the Institute on their own accord without completing the program of study will be required to refund the amount of scholarship received during that year.
- During the tenure of the scholarship, the Assistantship holder shall not ordinarily receive any other scholarship, stipend, financial assistance or remuneration, etc., for any work except with the prior permission of the competent authority or as provided in the rules.
- The Assistantship may be suspended or terminated at any time on the grounds of misconduct on the part of the student concerned or on continued absence for more than one month except on medical grounds.
- The Assistantship stipend may be reduced or terminated for a period of up to one semester on account of poor academic performance, absence from the Institute without permission, or not carrying out the assigned tasks in a satisfactory manner.
Instructions for Student:
- Students should have an Account in any bank in his/her Name (not Joint Account).
- Students will be provided with a unique id for login into AICTE-DBT. They have to enter their details and upload the scan copy of GATE Score Card, Adhar Card, bank passbook, Caste Certificate etc.
- For details, you may visit the AICTE-DBT link
- After assignment of Roll number and Email id, you will receive a mail from email@example.com in this regard; you will have to follow the guidelines to complete the process smoothly.
Award of Grade:
Teaching Assistantship for M.Tech students will be a ‘0’ credit course which will show up in Transcript. S (Satisfactory) or X (Un-satisfactory) grade will be allotted for the TA work.
Other Financial Assistance
M.Tech students may be hired as RAs/Interns on a sponsored project during summer semester and they will be paid honorarium for working full time.