Please see the general institute FAQ on the status of IIITD, its accreditation, financial model, etc. which are available from the homepage of the institute. This FAQ is mostly about the B.Tech. admission for 2021.
B.Tech. admission for 2020
1. What is the status of IIITD, is it recognized by UGC/AICTE, does it have any relationship with IP university, etc?
See on Institute FAQ Page.
2. What is the source of latest information about the Admission, Institute, etc.?
3. When will the applications start?
4. When and where will the list of selected candidates be displayed?
5. I got less than 70% in Mathematics in XII, but my overall marks are more than 70%, will I be eligible for admission in IIITD ?
No. A student is eligible only if he/she: (i) has obtained 70% or more in Mathematics, AND (ii) has obtained 70% or more aggregate score of best five subjects including maths.
6. I obtained 69.99% - am I eligible?
No, you are not eligible for admissions in IIITD even if your percentage is short by .1% or one mark.
7. I have taken Math, but have not done Physics or Chemistry in my XII Boards. I have got more than 70% in Math, and my overall percentage is also more than 70%. Am I eligible?
Yes, you are eligible for admission to some seats of B.Tech. (CSD) and B.Tech. (CSSS) through IIITD admission process.
8. I have 70% in Maths and 70% in aggregate which include Physics and Chemistry. I want to apply to B.Tech. (CSD) and B.Tech. (CSSS). Which mode of admission should I apply through?
Students having Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics in Class XII, willing to apply for B.Tech. (CSD) program can apply through JAC and IIITD admission process using UCEED rank. However, if at any point of time a candidate is getting a seat in both processes, he/she will have to withdraw one. Students having Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics in Class XII, willing to apply for B.Tech. (CSSS) can apply only through JAC.
9. I have done my XII from IB board. Am I eligible to apply?
Yes, IB Board is considered equivalent to CBSE. However, before you are granted admission, you will have to show that you satisfy the eligibility criteria. If your Board does not give percentages, then you will have to show an official conversion to percentages.
10. Why is the eligibility criteria rather high in marks?
To ensure that students have the necessary background in mathematics and overall, the eligibility criteria has been kept at this level. Another reason is that IIIT-Delhi has very limited seats, and it is necessary to restrict the number of applicants to a reasonable number.
11. Are there any seats reserved for Central/State Board Topper candidates?
No, none of the seats are reserved for Central/State Board Topper candidates.
12. Who is a “Delhi candidate”?
The students who have undertaken qualifying exams (i.e. 12th) from the schools located in Delhi (having PIN CODE of Delhi), irrespective of the location of their hometown, would be considered as "Delhi Candidate". Students belonging to Delhi but studying in schools Outside Delhi will be considered as Outside Delhi candidates.
13. Are schools located in Noida/Gurgaon and other places in NCR Delhi but Outside New Delhi considered as Delhi school?
No, "Delhi" candidates must have undertaken qualifying exams (i.e. XIIth) from the schools having PIN CODE of Delhi.
14. Whether students passing 12th as a private candidate (through open schooling) are eligible. If Yes, how their region i.e. Delhi or Outside Delhi will be determined.
Yes, students passing 12th as a private candidate (through open schooling) are eligible to apply provided they satisfy other eligibility criteria. The region from which they can apply i.e. Delhi or Outside Delhi will be determined on the basis of the location of their examination centre.
15. I have taken up improvement exam and now have 70% or above marks in Mathematics and aggregate. Can I apply?
Yes, students who have taken up improvement exam and have now secured 70% or above marks in mathematics and aggregate are eligible to apply provided they satisfy all other eligibility criteria.
16. Can the expelled/debarred students be considered for admission?
Students expelled/debarred from any academic institute are not eligible for admission.
17. I don't have Computer Science in class 12th. Am I eligible for admission to B.Tech. (CSE)?
Yes, as far as you had Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry as your Class XII standard subjects.
18. Can a student who has done schooling from Delhi apply under Outside Delhi Quota?
No, if you have done XII from Delhi school you can apply as a Delhi candidate only
19. Is there any other source of information regarding the admissions other than the website?
Website is the primary source of all the information regarding admission. Please also visit www.jacdelhi.nic.in - for admission through JAC-Delhi.
20. Any photocopy of the certificate need to be attached along with the application form or not?
No certificates need to be sent - they will be checked at the time of counselling.
21. What is the source of latest information about the exam, Institute, etc.?
22. Which degree will be awarded? What is the duration?
IIIT-Delhi awards B.Tech. (CSE), B.Tech. (ECE), B.Tech. (CSAM), B.Tech. (CSD), B.Tech. (CSSS), B.Tech. (CSB) and B.Tech. (CSAI) degrees. The duration of the program is 4 years.
23. Where can I find the placement record?
Placement record of the institute is available on the placement page of our website.
24. What is the fee per annum?
25. Is there any fee waiver?
Please refer the B.Tech. admission page and brochure 2021 for income-linked fee waivers/scholarships.
26. How do I pay the application fee?
27. Is there any management quota?
There is no management quota.
28. I passed class XII in 2020, can I apply?
Yes, through JAC and IIITD admission process with UCEED score, provided you satisfy the eligibility criteria.
29. When to apply for admission, etc.?
30. Do you have any quota for sports, arts & culture or Olympiads?
There is no quota for any of these categories. However, some bonus points are given to applicants with specific achievements. For details, please refer admission brochure 2021 available on admission page.
31. Where can I get the details of UCEED?
Please visit website of IIITD for admission through IIITD admission process using UCEED Rank.
32. Where can I get the details of admission through IIITD admission process?
33. Is the transport facility (college bus) available?
No we do not provide transport facility but IIITD campus is very well connected to metro and other public transports.
34. Are there some seats for Foreign Nationals/PIOs/NRIs
Yes, Supernumerary seats are reserved for Foreign Nationals/PIOs/NRIs. For details click here.
35. How Outside Delhi Students can apply for admission to B.Tech. programs at IIITD?
Outside Delhi Students can apply only through Joint Admission Counseling, Delhi (JAC Delhi)
Last updated: 10-09-2021