M.Tech (CSE) with specialization in Information Security
The technological growth, the Internet, and availability and sharing of information have tremendously increased information threats to organizations and individuals making it a challenge for users and system administrators to preserve security. Due to the requirement of sophisticated knowledge and tools to keep systems secure, there is a big need in India and around the world for information security professionals who are well educated about the various aspects of information security. The main objective of this program is to train students to become information security professionals for the high-end jobs in security industry.
- In addition to the core course requirements for the M.Tech program, to obtain specialization in Information Security a student must:
- Complete at least 16 credits of courses in the overall area of Information Security.
- Do his/her thesis or scholarly paper credits in Information Security. The advisor will certify this fact.
- If a course appears in multiple requirements (e.g., in the list of core courses and also in the list of specialization courses for IS), it can be taken to satisfy both the requirements. However, it will be counted only once with respect to the overall credit requirements.
The program offers several elective courses, focusing on different aspects of security. A student can choose to do any set of courses from these to satisfy his/her specialization requirement of 16 credits. Some of the important courses that a student can expect to do during this program are given below (additional courses may be added later to this set by consent of the program coordinator).
- Secure Coding (CSE500)
- Theory of Modern Cryptography (CSE524)
- Distributed Systems Security (CSE530)
- Foundations to Computer Security (CSE545)
- Applied Cryptography (CSE546)
- Network Security (CSE550)
- Security Engineering (CSE552)
- Digital and Cyber Forensics (CSE645)
- Mobile and Cellular Network Security (CSE647)
- Privacy and Security in Online Social Media (CSE648)
- Network Anonymity and Privacy (CSE749)
- Network Protocol Security (CSE649)
- Topics in Computer Security (CSE694A)
- Topics in Cryptanalysis (CSE793A)
- Ethical Hacking (CSE798A)
- Internet Security & Privacy (CSE5xx)
We have young and dynamic faculty at IIIT-Delhi. A student can take elective courses offered by faculty members in different areas - the focus areas. Most of the courses in security will be taught by faculty members of the Security and Privacy Group. In addition, there are plans to have some modules taught by experts from industry.
While internships during summer is not a requirement for the M.Tech degree, students are encouraged to do an internship to gain industry experience. To facilitate internships, the institute has made arrangements with some corporations to host interns from this program.