- About IIIT-D
Open Faculty Positions
Applications are invited for faculty position at IIIT-Delhi
Tenure Track Faculty Position
Regular tenure-track faculty positions are at Assistant Professor, Associate Professor, and Professor levels. A regular faculty is expected to engage heavily in research and teaching. The eligibility criteria for regular faculty positions are similar as in IITs. For an Assistant Professor position, a candidate must have a PhD (in Computer Science &/or Engineering/Electrical &/or Communication Engineering/etc; for interdisciplinary areas the PhD may be in an appropriate field), plus three years experience. However, for PhDs from a well known University/Institute (e.g. IITs/IISc/TIFR/ISI in India or well known research universities across the world), and a good research/academic record, the 3 years experience requirement may be waived.
The pay scale for faculty is same as in IITs. In addition, up to 25% more personal pay may be provided. All regular faculty will be provided on-campus or leased accommodation. Other benefits include initiation research grant, travel support, book grant, professional society membership, etc., and personal benefits such as medical/LTC.
Areas of Interest
IIIT-Delhi aims to build strong research groups in important and emerging areas in CS/IT/ECE as well as in emerging interdisciplinary areas, and applications are invited in all these areas. Some of the areas of special interest, besides strengthening the existing research areas, are: Software Engineering, Cyber Physical Systems, Network science, Digital Media, Computational neuroscience, Machine learning, Healthcare informatics, Computational Biology, Communications networks (both at hardware and protocol levels), Circuits (including VLSI, analog, low power, etc), Energy systems and technologies, Biomedical electronics and systems, Computer Architecture, signal/image processing, Embedded and control systems.
Interested candidates can apply by sending their CV through email entitled “Faculty position at IIIT Delhi” to Prof. Pankaj Jalote, Director, IIIT Delhi at firstname.lastname@example.org (and cced to email@example.com). Applications will be considered regularly, hence there is no deadline for applying.
Important Clarifications on Eligibility
- A PhD in CS/IT (or other disciplines, as announced) is the minimum expected requirement for a faculty position.
- Even if a candidate satisfies the minimum requirement, he/she is unlikely to be short-listed for further evaluation, if he/she does not have a PhD from a premier institute in India (e.g. IITs, IISc, etc.) or elsewhere in the world and a good research record proven by publications in high impact conferences and journals and good citation count.
- Please see the current faculty profile to get an idea of the expectations/requirements for faculty at IIIT-Delhi.
- IIIT-Delhi follows a tenure model in which an initial contract is given for some duration, at the end of which an extensive evaluation of performance is done. If the faculty member’s performance is excellent, he/she can expect to get promoted and tenured. Otherwise, the contract may not be renewed. In other words, if an applicant is looking for a govt-type permanent position, then IIIT-Delhi may not be suitable.
- At senior levels, IIIT-Delhi hopes to attract a selected few who have well established global reputation in research and development and who can create new streams, centers, programs, etc.
In 2013, faculty recruitment and selection will be held in various locations in US. For more info, see here.