Based on the recommendation of the Hostel Allotment Committee, hostel is allotted to eligible students by the Hostel in-Charge. PhD and M-Tech students along with the students from outside Delhi are given preference in hostel allotment.
Online applications are invited during vacations for existing students. Based on the specified criteria, the allotment committee recommends the allotment and the list is published on website with instructions for necessary payments & possession. For new students, hardcopy/online request form is collected during admissions and allotment is made to the eligible ones. In the boys’ hostel, rooms are available on single and double-seat basis, while in the girls’ hostel there is single and triple-seat arrangement. Only 60 per cent of the institute’s students can be accommodated in the hostels. The rooms are provided night time air conditioning in peak summers, and heating in peak winters.
- Hostel Application Form for students desiring hostel accommodation will be published (D Day)
- Existing hostlers who wish to continue will be required to deposit the Hostel and Mess fee online or through demand draft and fill the desired information in the form. Scanned copy of DD is to be forwarded by mail to admin-hostel@ iiitd.ac.in. Late fees of Rs 500 will be charged for any late deposit of fees.
- Allotment list will be published. (D+9 days)
- Hostel request form will be published for new students/ students who were not holding hostel accommodation earlier. (D+10 days)
- Objections will be invited regarding address/ distance etc in case the number of requests exceed the no of rooms available. (D+17 Days)
- Allotment List will be announced. (D+19 days)
- All allottees are required to deposit the Hostel and Mess fee online or through demand draft and fill the desired information in the form. Scanned copy of DD is to be forwarded by mail to admin-hostel@ iiitd.ac.in. Late fees of Rs 500 will be charged for any late deposit of fees. (D+22 days)
- Based on the fee information, the final allotment list will be prepared. (D+ 28).
- FMS will hand over the keys based on the final allotment list.
- Allottees to sign the inventory list.
- Forms for upgrading or Down grading will be issued (D+30 days) and this will be finalized in three days
- After one week of the start of semester form for mutual swapping will published