PhD Admissions July 2017
IIIT-Delhi is looking for candidates who have solid foundations in Mathematics, and interest in pursuing research in one of the below mentioned areas.
- Applied and Computational Math
- Coding Theory
- Discrete and Computational Geometry
- Discrete Optimization
- Graph Theory
- Number Theory
- More than 125 PhD scholars. Many with fellowships viz Prime Minister’s Fellowship, IBM, Intel, TCS, Visvesvaraya.
- Highly prolific faculty. Collaborations with leading international research groups.
- Attractive stipend of Rs.27,000/- per month in the first year and up to Rs.30,000/- after the 2nd Year. Financial support to present papers in top international conferences.
- Fresh B.Tech. graduates with research aptitude are strongly encouraged to apply. GATE score is not mandatory.
- Students willing to have a global exposure may enroll in the collaborative PhD program with selected partner groups/institutes across the world. Students are also eligible for IIIT-Delhi Overseas Research Fellowship under this program (details).
- Industry / employed persons have an option to pursue a sponsored full-time PhD program (details).
Essential qualification for PhD (Mathematics) : JRF from either UGC/CSIR/NBHM/DST or GATE score at least 400.
MSc(Maths)/MSc (Physics)/MSc(Statistics)/ MStat/MPhil(Maths)/ BTech/ MTech/ BE / ME in CS/ ECE/ Maths & CS and similar inter-disciplinary programs with a CGPA of at least 7.5 on a scale of 10 (or equivalent) or at least 70% marks at UG and PG levels.
- IIIT-Delhi provides relaxation to SC, ST, PH and CW category candidates.
- Candidates in the final year of their programs and who expect to complete all their qualifying degree requirements before the date of registration are also eligible to apply for admissions. For short-listing and selection purposes, their performance until the preceding semester (preceding year if their programs are year based) would be considered but their admission would be provisional, subject to their meeting the minimum eligibility criteria, after their final qualifying examination results are announced. Requirements may be relaxed for exceptional candidates with publications/ R&D/software development experience in their area of interest or those from institutes of national and international repute.
- Fill up the online PhD application form (Available here).
- The online applications portal will be available from June 16, 2017 (17:00 Hrs) till July 5, 2017 (17:00 Hrs).
- Candidates can apply online only. There is no provision for offline submission of application forms.
- There is no application fee for PhD program.
The question of holding written test and or interview will be decided after scrutiny of the applications and the candidates concerned will be informed in advance.
|Online Application Starts on||June 16, 2017(Friday) 17:00 Hrs onwards|
|Last Date of Online Application||July 5, 2017(Wednesday) Till 23:59 Hrs|
|Announcement of shortlisted candidates|
|Test & Interview (at IIIT-Delhi campus)|
Get most of your doubts cleared about PhD Admission 2017 in Frequently Asked Questions.
For the outstation candidates (non-NCR) who are shortlisted to appear for the written test, IIIT-Delhi will reimburse their travel fare by second sleeper or public bus fare by the shortest route, whichever is cheapest. They will have to furnish the proof of travel. If a candidate decides to choose a different mode (e.g. 3AC, air, etc.), IIIT-Delhi will only reimburse the second sleeper or public transport bus fare by the shortest route.
For general queries, please refer to the frequently asked questions. Please do not email us with your resume/CV. The application must be entered online. For other information, you may contact us through:
Phone No: 91-11-26907505 (During office hours between 9:30 am to 5:30 pm)
Note: All admission related decisions (i.e. screening, shortlisting, and selection) made by the IIIT-D PhD Admission Committee will be final.