PhD Admissions Dec 2016
List of shortlisted candidates for written test to be held on 6th Dec 2016 for Admission to PhD(CSE) program
List of shortlisted candidates for written test to be held on 6th Dec 2016 for Admission to PhD(ECE) program
List of shortlisted candidates for interview to be held on 6th Dec 2016 for Admission to PhD(CB) program
Background of Full-time PhD Program
IIIT-Delhi is looking for candidates who have solid foundations in CSE/ ECE/ CB (including good programming expertise in relevant domain), and interest in pursuing research in one of the below mentioned areas.
The following are the available specializations:
PhD (Computer Science and Engineering)
- Big Data
- Image Processing/ Machine Learning/ Applied Machine Learning
- Mobile Computing
- Program Analysis
- Randomized & Quantum algorithm, Algorithms for data mining and security/privacy
- Virtual reality (VR) and 3D visualization
PhD (Electronics and Communications Engineering)
- Heterogeneous System Architectures
- Multi Robot Systems, Aerial Vehicle and Control Systems
- Optical/Wireless Communications
- Radar / Antennas
- RF/THz over Fiber
- Signal Processing
- Computational Biology
- Statistical Genomics
- More than 125 PhD scholars. Many with fellowships from Prime Minister’s fellowship scheme, IBM, Intel, TCS, Visvesvaraya.
- Highly prolific faculty. Collaborations with leading international research groups.
- Attractive stipend of Rs.27,000/- per month in the first year and up to Rs.30,000/- after the 2nd Year. Financial support to present papers in top international conferences.
- Fresh B.Tech. graduates with research aptitude are strongly encouraged to apply. GATE score is not mandatory.
- Students who wish to have a global exposure may enroll in the collaborative PhD program with selected partner groups/institutes across the world. Students are also eligible for IIIT-Delhi Overseas Research Fellowship under this program (details).
- Industry / employed persons have an option to pursue a sponsored full-time PhD program (details).
- IIIT-Delhi provides relaxation to SC/ST, PH and CW category candidates (details).
BTech/ BE/ MTech/ MS/ ME in CSE/ IT/ ECE/ EE CGPA at least 7.5 on a scale of 10 (or equivalent). If your institute does not provide CGPA in the transcript, then at least 70% marks is required to be eligible.
MCA/MSc(CSE/IT/ECE/EE and allied areas) degree is considered equivalent to the BTech/BE degree. Such students are also eligible to apply with the condition that they have BSc in Computer Science or BSc in any other subject with Mathematics as one of the courses. The marks requirement is same as that given above for BTech/BE degrees.
MSc in Mathematics is also eligible for PhD in CSE/ ECE who meets the following requirements:
- At least 70% marks in both B.Sc and M.Sc.
- Strong inclination towards CSE/ECE.
BTech / BE / MTech / MS / ME in CSE / IT / ECE / EE / Other Eng. CGPA at least 6.5 on a scale of 10 (or equivalent). If your institute does not provide CGPA in the transcript, then at least 60% marks is required to be eligible.
MCA/MSc (CSE/IT/ECE/EE and allied areas) degree is considered equivalent to the BTech/BE degree. Such students are also eligible to apply with the condition that they have BSc in Computer Science or BSc in any other subject with Mathematics as one of the courses. The marks requirement is same as that given above for BTech/BE degrees.
MSc in any other science discipline is also eligible for PhD in CB who meets the following requirements:
- At least 60% marks in both B.Sc and M.Sc.
- Students must have undertaken at least two years of mathematics at the B.Sc level that includes calculus and algebra.
A Valid NET/GATE score is essential for a PhD aspirant in CB at IIITD.
- IIIT-Delhi provides relaxation to SC, ST, PH and CW category candidates.
- Candidates in the final year of their programs and who expect to complete all their qualifying degree requirements before the date of registration are also eligible to apply for admissions. For short-listing and selection purposes, their performance until the preceding semester (preceding year if their programs are year based) would be considered but their admission would be provisional, subject to their meeting the minimum eligibility criteria, after their final qualifying examination results are announced. Requirements may be relaxed for exceptional candidates with publications/ R&D/software development experience in their area of interest or those from institutes of national and international repute.
- Candidates can apply online only. There is no provision for offline submission of application forms.
- There is no application fee for PhD program.
- The online applications portal will be available from November 05, 2016 (05:00 Hrs) till November 20, 2016 (23:59 Hrs).
The selection for PhD admission will comprise of three stages.
1st Stage: All the applicants will be screened on the basis of their academic record. Screened candidates will be invited to IIIT-Delhi to participate in the second stage.
2nd Stage: The screened candidates have to appear for a written exam/ interview at IIIT-Delhi. Depending on the results of this test, shortlisted candidates will be required to take part in the third stage.
Curriculum for written test for PhD(CSE) and PhD(ECE) is as under:
PhD(CB) Candidates will be interviewed directly.
3rd Stage: Shortlisted candidates (after the written test) will be interviewed on the same day.
A final shortlist, based on the performance in the test and the interview will be the final list of admitted candidates.
|Online Application Starts on :||Nov 05, 2016 (Saturday) 05:00 Hrs onwards|
|Last Date of Online Application :||Nov 20, 2016 (Sunday) Till 23:59 Hrs|
|Announcement of shortlisted candidates :|
|Test & Interview (at IIIT-Delhi campus) :||Dec 6, 2016 (Tuesday)|
|Result announcement :||Dec 15, 2016 (Thursday)|
|Date of registration (at IIIT-Delhi Campus) :||Dec 29, 2016 (Thursday)|
|Starting of Winter Semester :||Jan 02, 2017 (Monday)|
Get most of your doubts cleared about PhD Admission 2016 in Frequently Asked Questions.
For the outstation candidates (non-NCR) who are shortlisted to appear for the written test, IIIT-Delhi will reimburse their travel fare by second sleeper or public bus fare by the shortest route, whichever is cheapest. They will have to furnish the proof of travel. If a candidate decides to choose a different mode (e.g. 3AC, air, etc.), IIIT-Delhi will only reimburse the second sleeper or public transport bus fare by the shortest route.
For general queries, please refer to the frequently asked questions. Please do not email us with your resume/CV. The application must be entered online. For other information, you may contact us through:
Phone No: 91-11-26907400 (During office hours between 9:30 am to 5:30 pm)
Note: All admission related decisions (i.e. screening, shortlisting, and selection) made by the IIIT-D PhD Admission Committee will be final.