PhD (CSE) Admission 2012
Regular admission for 2012 has ended. Admission results are available here
- entry to global research ecosystem
- best practices from top universities across world
- attractive stipend and support
- collaborative program with international partners
IIIT-Delhi invites applications for admission in PhD (Computer Science) (full-time only) in the following CS/IT research areas:
- Fresh B.Tech. graduates with research aptitude are strongly encouraged to apply. GATE score is not mandatory.
- Students who wish to have a global expomay enroll in the collaborative PhD program with selected partner groups/institutes across the world. Students are also eligible for IIIT-Delhi Overseas Research Fellowship under this program (details).
- Industry / employed persons have an option to pursue a sponsored full-time PhD program (details).
- IIIT-Delhi provides relaxation to SC/ST, PH and CW category candidates (details).
- For the full details of the PhD program and requirements for its successful completion, please refer to this page.
- Full details of the application process is given here. For eligibility information see below.
Eligibility: IIIT-Delhi is looking for candidates who have solid foundations in CS/Maths (including good programming expertise in relevant domain), and interest in pursuing research in one of the above mentioned areas. GATE/GRE scores are optional. Specific eligibility criteria are given below.
For CS/IT students: The student must meet one of the following.
- BTech / BE / MTech / MS / ME in CS / IT / ECE / EE
- CGPA at least 7.5 on a scale of 10 (or equivalent) in IITs/NITs, or in the top 10% in his/her CS/IT/ECE/EE batch from other institutions. If your institute does not provide CGPA in the transcript, then at least 70% marks is required to be eligible.
- MCA/MSc(CS/IT/ECE) degree is considered equivalent to the BTech/BE degree. Such students are also eligible to apply with the condition that they have BSc in Computer Science or BSc in any other subject with Mathematics as one of the courses. The marks requirement is same as that given above for BTech/BE degrees.
- MSc in Mathematics:
- At least 70% marks in both B.Sc and M.Sc.
- Strong inclination towards CS.
- Atleast two CS courses (such as Programming, Data Structures, Algorithms, Theory of Computation, Discrete Maths etc.) in BSc/MSc.
For Geoinformatics students: The student must meet one of the following.
- Students with background in technical degree (B.E./B.Tech./M.E./M.Tech. in CS/IT/EE/ECE) as specified above.
- B.Sc. (in any science-subject) with minimum 70% marks, and, M.Sc degree with minimum 70% marks in Geology, Geophysics, Atmospheric and Oceanic Sciences, Life Sciences, Physics, Mathematics, Information Technology or Geoinformatics.
- M.Tech. in Geoscience or Geoinformatics with minimum 7.5 CGPA on a scale of 10 (or equivalent).
Requirements may be relaxed for exceptional candidates with publications/ R&D/software development experience in their area of interest or those from institutes of national and international repute.
Contact: For general queries, please refer to the frequently asked questions. For other information, you may contact us through email at firstname.lastname@example.org (no support will be provided over telephone).
Please do not email us with your resume/C.V - application will be entirely online only through this website.
Please check this page for future announcements and more information.