M.Tech (CSE & ECE) Admission Details 2019
Spot round of M.Tech. (ECE & CSE) admission 2019
Updated on 30-06-19
Background of Full-time M.Tech Program
IIIT-Delhi subscribes to the view, that a Master degree is primarily industry-focused, though it can be used as a stepping stone for research as well. The decision whether the degree is to be pursued for skill and knowledge up-gradation, or also for building research skills should rest with the student. The Institute also believes that a student should be given an option of pursuing M.Tech without assistantship so he/she can focus full time on the program, and possibly finish the program sooner, as compared to a student who is on Assistantship and so has to do part-time work in lieu of the assistantship.
The Institute feels that to address the needs of the industry, which today requires more specialized manpower as each field is getting more complex, it is desirable to provide specializations within CSE and ECE in the M.Tech program. For this, the Institute permits a student to do a "M.Tech" or "M.Tech with specialization". The following are the available specializations:
- M.Tech (Computer Science and Engineering)
- M.Tech (Electronics and Communications Engineering)
Note : The candidates need to indicate her/his preferences for all specialization in a program while filling the online application. The offer of admission will be done according to the filled preferences and the merit list.
|M.Tech (CSE) in Artificial Intelligence|
|M.Tech (CSE) in Data Engineering|
|M.Tech (CSE) in Information Security|
|M.Tech (CSE) in Mobile Computing|
|M.Tech (CSE) without Specialization|
|M.Tech (ECE) in VLSI & Embedded Systems|
|M.Tech (ECE) in Communication and Signal Processing|
Both GATE and Non-GATE candidates are eligible to apply for admission with B.Tech/BE or MCA/MSc in CS/IT (& its allied areas) with a CGPA of at least 7.00 out of 10 or 65% marks.
Both GATE and Non-GATE candidates are eligible to apply for admission with B.Tech/BE in ECE/EE (& its allied areas) or MSc in Electronics (for ECE) with a CGPA of at least 7.00 out of 10 or 65% marks.
IIIT-Delhi provides relaxation to SC, ST, OBC, PwD and CW category candidates. Specifically, candidates under these categories must have a CGPA of at least 6.0 out of 10 or 60% in their qualifying degree. Applicants who do not satisfy the above criteria will not be considered for admission.
Note: Candidates in the final year of their programs and who expect to complete all their qualifying degree requirements before the date of registration are also eligible to apply for admissions. For shortlisting and selection purposes, their performance until the preceding semester (preceding year if their programs are year based) would be considered but their admission would be provisional, subject to their meeting the minimum eligibility criteria after their final qualifying examination results are announced.
M.Tech Assistantship (PG Scholarship)
Candidates with valid GATE score will only be eligible for M.Tech Assistantship. GATE score above the qualifying marks announced by GATE in the respective year i.e. 2017/2018/2019 will be considered valid. For CSE, “CS” GATE paper and for ECE, “EC/EE/IN” GATE paper will be considered.
Assistantship for M.Tech (CSE & ECE) students will be paid through AICTE-Direct benefit transfer (DBT) to the student’s account directly, at the rate of Rs.12,400/- per month as per the approval of MHRD, Govt. of India for a maximum of 24 months from the date of starting of the classes at IIIT-Delhi. Institute will provide necessary support to the students to get the assistantship. For more details click here.
Note : Non-GATE candidates will not be eligible for Assistantship.
- Apply online: Fill up the M.Tech application form available on this link.
- A candidate will be eligible to apply for one category only i.e. GATE or Non-GATE. During the process of admission if a duplicacy is detected, then he/she will be considered in the category of GATE qualified applicant only.
- Application checklist:
- Read the instructions carefully.
- Fill up the form online
- Pay the application processing fee of Rs.510/-
- Online Application Starts on - March 28, 2019 (Thursday)
(Specialization Preference will be taken during application)
- Last Date & Time of Online Application - 5 pm, April 18, 2019 (Thursday)
- Announcement of Shortlisted Candidates - April 23, 2019 (Tuesday)
- Test & Interview for ECE (at IIIT-Delhi campus) - May 04, 2019 (Saturday)
- Test & Interview for CSE (at IIIT-Delhi campus) - May 05, 2019 (Sunday)
- Publication of Merit List - May 09, 2019 (Thursday)
- Round 1 Allotment - May 09, 2019 (Thursday)
- Acceptance of Offer of Admission by - May 15, 2019 (Wednesday)
- Round 2 Allotment (If seats available) - May 17, 2019 (Friday)
- Acceptance of Offer of Admission by - May 22, 2019 (Wednesday)
- Round 3 Allotment (If seats available) - May 24, 2019 (Friday)
- Acceptance of Offer of Admission by - May 29, 2019 (Wednesday)
- Withdrawal Last Date - June 25, 2019 (Tuesday)
- Final Allotment (If seats available) - June 26, 2019 (Wednesday)
- Acceptance of offer of Admission by - June 28, 2019 (Friday)
- Admission (at IIIT-Delhi Campus) - June 28, 2019 (Friday)
The selection for M.Tech admission will comprise of two stage (for GATE) & three stages (for Non-GATE).
- 1st Stage (Applicable for both GATE & Non-GATE)
- » The GATE applicants will be screened on the basis of their previous academic record as well as GATE scores.
- » Non-GATE candidates will be screened on the basis of their previous academic record only.
- 2nd Stage (Applicable only for Non-GATE)
- » The screened candidates (Non-GATE) have to appear for a written exam at IIIT-Delhi. Depending on the results of this test and previous academic record, qualified candidates will be invited to take part in the third stage, which will also take place in IIIT-Delhi campus.
- » The syllabus of the test will be similar to GATE. You can check it here
- 3rd Stage (Applicable for both GATE & Non-GATE)
- » The candidates will be interviewed by IIIT-Delhi Faculty members.
The Institute reserves the right to change the screening criteria for shortlisting and selection. The Institute also reserves the right to fill the seats fully or partially at its own discretion without assigning any reasons thereof.
Seat Allotment Procedure
The preferences of specialization submitted by the candidates at the time of application will be processed and seats will be allotted in the order of merit as explained below. The allotment result will be available in your application login and under notification & important documents tab.
Clear your doubts about M.Tech Admission 2019 in Frequently Asked Questions.
For general queries, please refer to the frequently asked questions. Please do not email us with your resume/CV. The application must be entered online. For other information, you may contact us through:
Phone No: +91-11-26907400 (During office hours between 9:30 am to 5:30 pm)
Admission of the candidates, who have accepted the offer will be done on June 28, 2019 (Friday).
Allotment of Hostel
Application for hostel accommodation will be accepted on June 28, 2019 (Friday). The allotment will be done before starting of refresher module (July 02, 2019), upon the availability of rooms. Outside Delhi candidates will be given preference during allotment and Delhi candidates will be allotted hostel based on Institute policy.
IIIT-D has taken a unique initiative by introducing the concept of summer refresher courses for incoming M.Tech students. The courses will be held on-campus from July 01st to July 27th, 2019. Those who accept the admission offer must attend the refresher courses.
For more details click here
Fees (Tuition & Hostel)
- The fee for the entire M.Tech program is Rs. 3.5 Lac.The payment schedule is as follows:
- Rs. 97,500/- [(Tuition fees of Rs. 87,500/- + Security money of Rs. 10000(refundable)] at the time of accepting offer of admission.}
- Rs. 87,500 (Tuition fees) at the start of Sem II of the program
- Rs. 87,500 (Tuition fees)at the start of Sem III of the program, and
- Rs. 87,500 (Tuition fees) at the start of Sem IV of the program
- Hostel fees will be charged semester-wise. Approx. hostel charges per semester (4 months) is given below;
|Program||Security (refundable)||Mess charges||Single Room||Double sharing Room||Triple sharing Room|
Refund Policy After Withdrawal of Admission
If the student withdraw admission, the institute will refund the fees deposited as per the following policy.
|Withdrawal Dates||Amount Refundable|
|Till June 25, 2019 (Tuesday), 5 PM||87,500/-|
|After June 25, 2019 (Tuesday), 5 PM||10,000/- (only Security Deposit)|
Note – To withdraw admission student needs to mail email@example.com.