M.Tech (CB) Admission Details 2019
Updated on 12-06-19
About the Program
M.Tech (CB) Program strives for rigorous training in theoretical and computational approaches (for solving real life biological problems) and includes algorithms and programming, fundamentals of biology, genetics, bioinformatics, systems and synthetic biology, mathematical modelling, stochastic simulations, and biophysics. Some advanced and recent topics (such as computational neuroscience, single cell biology/ genomics, bio-simulations, biostatistics, machine learning, big data analytics etc.). To know more about Center of Computational Biology Click here
Note: Admission to MTech(CB) is also conducted through Combined Entrance Examination 2019-20 conducted by Jawaharlal Nehru University (JNU) supported by Department of Biotechnology. Admission to remaining seats – 10 (Tentative seats, Exact number will be updated before 1st round of allotment) will be through IIITD regular M.Tech admission process.
- B.Tech/BE in CS/IT/Math-and-Computing
- B.Tech/BE in any other discipline
- MSc. (Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics , Computer Science, Biochemistry, Microbiology, Biotechnology, Biophysics, Bioinformatics, Biomedical sciences)
For Point 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 the applicants must have done the following either during their qualifying degree or from recognized institution / online education portal:
- at least one computer programming course, and at least two Mathematics courses
All applicants must have CGPA of at least 6.5 out of 10 or 65% in qualifying exam. The applicant must have at least 60% in all previous degrees including 10+2. Applicants who do not satisfy the above criteria will not be able to submit the application form.
IIIT-Delhi provides relaxation to SC, ST, OBC, PWD and CW category candidates. Specifically, candidates under these categories have CGPA of at least 6.0 out of 10 or 60%. They must have at least 55% in all previous degree including 10+2. Applicants who do not satisfy the above criteria will not be able to submit the application form.
While valid GATE*/GPAT/CSIR-NET is not mandatory, applicants having any one of these will be given additional weightage.
*Only candidates applying with GATE score will be considered for the stipend of Rs. 12400 per month.
Note: Candidates in the final year of their programs and who expect to complete all their qualifying degree requirements before the date of registration are also eligible to apply for admissions. For shortlisting and selection purposes, their performance until the preceding semester (preceding year if their programs are year based) would be considered but their admission would be provisional, subject to their meeting the minimum eligibility criteria after their final qualifying examination results are announced.
Students admitted may be eligible to avail monthly fellowship from either DBT (subject to approval; Rs.12000) or AICTE (only for candidates with valid GATE score; Rs 12400) for a maximum of 24 months from the date of starting of the classes at IIIT Delhi. Institute will provide necessary support to the students to get the studentship. For more details click here.
- Online Application Starts on – June 12, 2019 (Wednesday)
- Last Date of online Application – June 23, 2019 (Sunday)
- Announcement of shortlisted candidates – June 24, 2019 (Monday)
- Test & Interview for CB(at IIIT-Delhi campus) – June 29, 2019 (Saturday)
- Publication of Round 1 allotment – July 1, 2019 (Monday)
- Acceptance of offer of Admission by – July 3, 2019 (Wednesday), 04:00 PM
- Publication of Round 2 allotment – July 4, 2019 (Thursday)
- Acceptance of offer of Admission by – July 5, 2019 (Friday), 04:00 PM
- Last date of withdrawal – July 6, 2019 (Saturday), 04:00 PM
- Spot Round Announcement (If seats available) – July 7, 2019 (Sunday)
- Spot round admissions (If seats available) at IIIT-Delhi Campus – July 8, 2019, 10 AM (Monday)
- Starting of Preparatory module - July 10, 2019 (Wednesday)
- Apply online: Fill up the M.Tech application form available on this link.
- Application checklist:
- Read the instructions carefully.
- Fill up the form online
- Pay the application processing fee of Rs. 510/-
The selection for M.Tech admission will comprise of three stages.
- 1st Stage:
- The applicants will be screened on the basis of their previous academic record. Applicants with valid GATE score/ GPAT/CSIR-NET will be given additional weightage. A maximum of 100 applicants will be invited to IIIT Delhi to participate in the second stage.
- The screened candidates have to appear for a written exam at IIIT-Delhi. Depending on the results of this test, a maximum of 60 candidates will be invited to take part in the third stage, which will also take place in IIIT Delhi.
M.Tech (CB) candidates have to appear for following two test:
- 1st test will cover basic Biology, Engineering Mathematics & Computing Skills.
- 2nd test will be an aptitude test (will cover Mathematics, Analytical Abilities and Comprehension Skills).
- The candidates will be interviewed by IIIT Delhi Faculty members.
Seat Allotment Procedure:
Seats will be allotted in the order of merit. The allotment result will be available on the website
Get most of your doubts cleared about M.Tech Admission 2019 in Frequently Asked Questions.
For general queries, please refer to the frequently asked questions. Please do not email us with your resume/CV. The application must be entered online. For other information, you may contact us through:
Phone No: 91-11-26907400 (During office hours between 9:30 am to 5:30 pm)
Admission of the candidates, who have accepted the offer will be done on July 8, 2019 (Monday).
Allotment of Hostel:
Application for Hostel Accommodation will be accepted on July 08, 2019(Monday). The allotment will be done before starting of Preparatory Module (July 10, 2019) upon the availability of rooms. Outside Delhi candidates will be given preference during allotment and Delhi candidates will be allotted hostel based on the distance from IIIT-Delhi among the applicants.
IIIT-D has taken a unique initiative by introducing the concept of Preparatory Module for incoming M.Tech students. The courses will be held on-campus from July 10 to July 27th 2019. Those who accept the admission offer must attend the Preparatory Module.
For more details click here.
Fees (Tuition & Hostel):
- The fee for the entire M.Tech program is Rs. 2.5 Lac.The payment schedule is as follows:
- Rs. 87,500/- [(Tuition fees of Rs. 62,500/- + Campus Maintenance Charges Rs. 15,000/-+ Security money of Rs. 10000(refundable)] at the time of accepting offer of admission.
- Rs. 62,500 (Tuition fees) at the start of Sem II of the program
- Rs. 77,500 (Tuition fees of Rs. 62,500/- + Campus Maintenance Charges Rs. 15,000/-)at the start of Sem III of the program, and
- Rs. 62,500 (Tuition fees) at the start of Sem IV of the program
- Hostel fees will be charged semester-wise. Approx. hostel charges per semester (4 months) is given below;
Double sharing Room
Refund Policy after withdrawal of admission:
Once accepted offer of admission, students will be refunded the fees deposited as per the following policy, if withdraw admission;
Till July 6, 2019(Wednesday), 04:00 PM
After July 6, 2019(Thursday),04:00 PM
10000/-(only Security Deposit)
Note – To withdraw admission student need to mail firstname.lastname@example.org