FAQ about M.Tech Admissions 2017
- Is M.Tech(CB) a specialisation under M.Tech (CSE)?
No, M.Tech, Computational Biology, also known as M.Tech (CB) is a different program. M.Tech CB program integrates applicable knowledge from biology, computation and mathematics as well.
- Is GATE score mandatory?
GATE score is mandatory for application to M.Tech (CSE) & M.Tech (ECE), but not mandatory for M.Tech(CB) applicants.
- What is the reservation policy for M.Tech Admission in IIIT Delhi?
There will be 5% relaxation in percentage & a relaxation of 0.5 CGPA for SC, ST, OBC, PwD, CW candidate in all degrees. For minimum percentage and/or CGPA requirement for all degree please refer the table below:
Minimum Percentage and/or CGPA Requirement
- Am I eligible with 64.99 % in B.Tech?
(Candidate Category - General) No, refer Table 1 for minimum percentage and/or CGPA requirement.
- Is there any seat reserved for SC, ST, OBC, PwD, CW?
No, only the relaxation in CGPA/Percentage will be provided. see Table 1.
- Are the candidates appearing in the final exam eligible to apply?
Yes, they are eligible with the same eligibility criteria. They are required to give their last CGPA/aggregate percentage of marks.
- Do I need to post the print out of application after applying online?
No, there is no need to send the print out of the application or any documents to IIIT Delhi.
- What is the venue for Written and interview?
Written and interview venue is in IIIT Delhi (address).
- Are we going to receive any communication after screening?
There will be no postal communication. All the announcements and notifications will be given on the website. The shortlisted candidate may be notified through email/SMS. The candidates are advised to visit the website and check their email regularly.
- Can we avail accommodation in the campus for Written and Interview day?
No, you have to arrange it on your own.
- Please clarify, how the specialization will be allotted in M.Tech(CSE) and M.Tech(ECE)?
- Initial assignment of specialization to candidates who join the program is done for the purposes of planning. This assignment will be done based on candidate’s preferences and ranks.
- A candidate's initial assignment (general MTech or M.Tech with specialization) has no bearing on the MTech degree a candidate finally gets on finishing the M.Tech program. A candidate is awarded a degree with a specialization if and only if the candidate has completed all the requirements (for example, completed all necessary courses) needed to get the specialization before graduation. Note that a candidate may complete all requirements of an M.Tech degree without completing requirements to get an MTech with a specialization.
- The institute may disallow too many students from pursuing a specific specialization if it deems that all the students, as a part of a single specialization, will not be able to receive the best possible instruction. Currently, we do not plan to enroll more than 20 students in any given specialization. However, we do not limit the number of students that can choose to obtain a general M.Tech degree.
- Are we going to get an Admit card for written test?
The shortlisted candidates will be informed through mail/SMS to download their Admit Card from our website.
- Which documents we should bring for appearing in written test?
- Admit Card
- Application Form
- Print out of Codechef (for CSE program only)