MTech Admission 2014 (Round 1)
Important announcement for the candidates selected for admission.
(Last updated on 14th June, 2014)
- Extension of Payment Date: The payment date has been extended upto
June 12, 2014(Thursday)June 26, 2014 (Thrusday)
- Withdrawal: The candidates who wish to withdraw are allowed to do so upto June 16, 2014(Monday). However, only Rs. 50000 will be refunded after deduction of Rs.5000.
- Refresher Course: IIIT-D has taken a unique initiative by introducing the concept of summer refresher courses for incoming M.Tech students. Refresher courses at IIIT Delhi will be run from June 16th to July 28th, 2014. You may find all the details at the following link: http://www.iiitd.ac.in/education/mtech/srm2014.
There will be no extra charge for Refresher Course and this will be an online course.
Clarification on specialization :
- Initial assignment of specialization to candidates that join is done for the purposes of planning. This assignment will be done based on candidate preferences and ranks.
- A candidate's initial assignment (general MTech or MTech with specialization) has no bearing on the MTech degree a candidate gets on finishing the MTech program. A candidate is awarded a degree with a specialization if and only if the candidate has completed all the requirements (for example, completed all necessary courses) needed to get the specialization before graduation. Note that a candidate may complete all requirements of a MTech degree without completing requirements to get a MTech with a specialization.
- The institute may disallow too many students from pursuing a specific specialization if it deems that all the students, as a part of a single specialization, will not be able to receive the best possible instruction. Currently, we do not plan to enroll more than 20 students in any given specialization. However, we do not limit the number of students that can choose to obtain a general MTech degree.
Publication of final result:
(Updated on 31st May, 2014)
List of Candidates selected for admission to M.Tech(CSE) Program (Based on written and interview held on May 24, 2014)
List of Candidates selected for admission to M.Tech(ECE) Program (Based on written and interview held on May 24, 2014)
Note: Offer letter will follow. Please check the website regularly for further instructions.
Screening Criteria for Written Test.
(Updated on 15th May, 2014)
Final Score = 0.7*GATE Score + 0.3*B.Tech Percentage (both scores scaled to 100)
- Cut off for CSE - 60.64
- Cut off for ECE - 65.17
Publication of Screened List.
(Updated on 13th May, 2014)
Details for online coding competition.
All applicants for MTech CSE must take part in the following CodeChef contest (Codechef May challenge). The challenge starts on 2nd May, 2014.
Please read following instructions carefully as there are some changes in the login procedure.
All the information regarding this contest can be found in http://www.codechef.com/MAY14.
1) Appear in the above mentioned contest (CodeChef May Challenge -http://www.codechef.com/MAY14).
Signup with your Application ID as user name Update : Codechef may not accept your application ID as a username. If so, if you have a username then use that for taking part in the contest, otherwise create a new username in accordance with the regular expression provided by Codechef.
If you are creating a new username for Codechef, you must use the e-mail id you had earlier provided in the IIIT application form. If you are using an existing username, you must update your e-mail id so that it is the same with the one provided in the IIIT application form. Note that, this is a MUST, as otherwise your scores will be ignored. Also, in both the cases (existing or new username), you must enter the IIIT Delhi application ID in the About Me field on the Codechef registration page.
3) Solve as many problems as you can (within the time period allowed by the contest).
4) Submit your solutions and obtain your score.
If you are shortlisted and asked to participate in the 2nd stage of selection process (written test), please bring a print out of your result and your code.
Background of Full-time M.Tech Program
The goal of the full-time M.Tech program is to train students to become professionals for the high-end jobs. The program is based on the best practice models at top universities across the world. IIIT Delhi offers degrees in the the areas of Computer Science and Engineering (CSE) and Electronics and Communications Engineering (ECE). Specifically, we offer the following.
M.Tech (Computer Science and Engineering)
• M.Tech in CSE with specialization in Information Security (upto 20 seats)
• M.Tech in CSE with specialization in Mobile Computing (upto 20 seats)
• M.Tech in CSE (without specialization) General (upto 40 seats)
M.Tech (Electronics and Communications Engineering)
All applicants must have a valid GATE score (2013/2014) in CS/IT, EC/EE. They must have a B.Tech/B.E. in CS/IT/ECE/EE with a CGPA of at least 6.5 out of 10 or 65%. They must have at least 60% in all previous degrees including 10+2. Applicants who do not satisfy the above criteria will not be able to submit the application form.
IIIT-Delhi provides relaxation to SC, ST, OBC, PwD and CW category candidates. Specifically, candidates under these categories must have a B.Tech/B.E. in CS/IT/ECE/EE with a CGPA of at least 6.0 out of 10 or 60%. They must have at least 55% in all previous degree including 10+2. Applicants who do not satisfy the above criteria will not be able to submit the application form.
MCA/MSc degree is considered equivalent to the B.Tech/BE degree in CS/IT/ECE/EE. Their eligibility criteria are the same as given above.
Note: Candidates who are appearing in the final examination are also eligible to apply. They are required to give their last CGPA/aggregate percentage of marks.
Candidates that satisfy the eligibility criteria must go through the application process and the selection process before they qualify for admission to the M.Tech program at IIIT Delhi.
• Apply online: Fill up the online M.Tech application form
• You can apply to only one program (CSE or ECE).
• Application checklist:
• Pay the M.Tech application processing fee of Rs.350/- OR send a demand draft of Rs.350/- in favour of “IIIT-Delhi Collection Account” payable at "Delhi" to the following address:
Assistant Manager (Academics)
A-107, Academics Building, IIIT-Delhi
Okhla Industrial Estate, Phase-III
New Delhi - 110020
• In case of DD, Please mention your name, application number, mobile number at the back of the demand draft. The draft should reach IIIT-Delhi latest by May 09, 2014 (Friday), 5:00PM; otherwise your application might be rejected without screening. The applicant should not send any documents with the draft.
The selection for M.Tech admission will comprise of three stages.
1st Stage: The applicants will be screened on the basis of GATE scores as well as their previous academic record (B.Tech/BE, 10+2). A maximum of 350 (230 for CS and 120 for ECE) students will be invited to IIIT Delhi to participate in the second stage.
Note for CSE candidates: The candidates applying for an M.Tech in CSE (all specializations), if shortlisted for the second stage, will be asked to participate in an on-line coding competition, results of which will be considered in the stages that follow. This will be a pre-test at their own place before coming for the second stage in IIIT Delhi.
2nd Stage: The screened candidates have to appear for a written exam in IIIT Delhi that will test the candidates on mathematics, analytical abilities and comprehension skills. Depending on the results of this test, a maximum of 250 (160 for CS and 90 for ECE) candidates will be invited to take part in the third stage, which will also take place in IIIT Delhi.
3rd Stage: The candidates will be interviewed by the IIIT Delhi Faculty members.
This information applies to only those candidates that are admitted to the M.Tech program. IIIT Delhi will support a maximum of 50 GATE scholarships for CSE and 20 GATE scholarships for ECE.
Fees: The fee for the entire M.Tech program is Rs 2.5 Lac (i.e. Rs 1.25 Lac per year if M.Tech is completed within 4 semesters).
Contact: For general queries, please refer to the frequently asked questions. Please do not email us with your resume/C.V. The application must be entered online. For other information, you may contact us through email at mtech-admissionsiiitd.ac.in
❖ Online Application Starts on - April 08, 2014 (Tuesday)
❖ Last Date of online Application (tentative) - May 05, 2014 (Monday)
❖ DD should reach (tentative) - May 09, 2014 (Friday)
❖ Publication of Screened List on IIITD website (tentative) - May 13, 2014 (Tuesday)
❖ Test and Interview at IIIT-Delhi campus (tentative) - May 24, 2014 (Saturday)