MTech Admission 2015 Details
Background of Full-time M.Tech Program
The goal of the full-time M.Tech program is to train students to become professionals for the high-end jobs. The program is based on the best practice models at top universities across the world. IIIT Delhi offers degrees in the the areas of Computer Science and Engineering (CSE), Electronics and Communications Engineering (ECE) and Computational Biology(CB). Specifically, we offer the following.
M.Tech (Computer Science and Engineering)
- M.Tech in CSE with specialization in Data Engineering (up to 20 seats)
- M.Tech in CSE with specialization in Information Security (up to 20 seats)
- M.Tech in CSE with specialization in Mobile Computing (up to 20 seats)
- M.Tech in CSE (without specialization) General (up to 20 seats)
M.Tech (Electronics and Communications Engineering)
- M.Tech. in ECE with specialization in VLSI & Embedded Systems (up to 20 seats)
- M.Tech. in ECE with specialization in Communication and Signal Processing (up to 20 seats)
M.Tech (Computational Biology)
- M.Tech in Computational Biology (up to 20 seats)
M.Tech(CSE & ECE)
All applicants must have a valid GATE score (2014/2015) in CS/IT, EC/EE. They must have a B.Tech/BE in CS/IT/ECE/EE with a CGPA of at least 6.5 out of 10 or 65%. They must have at least 60% in all previous degrees including 10+2. Applicants who do not satisfy the above criteria will not be able to submit the application form.
IIIT-Delhi provides relaxation to SC, ST, OBC, PwD and CW category candidates. Specifically, candidates under these categories must have a B.Tech/BE in CS/IT/ECE/EE with a CGPA of at least 6.0 out of 10 or 60%. They must have at least 55% in all previous degree including 10+2. Applicants who do not satisfy the above criteria will not be able to submit the application form.
MCA/MSc degree is considered equivalent to the B.Tech/BE degree in CS/IT/ECE/EE. Their eligibility criteria are the same as given above.
- B.Tech/BE in CS/IT/Math-and-Computing
- B.Tech/BE in any other discipline and must have done in their programme:
- at least one computer programming course, and
- at least two mathematics courses
All applicant must have a valid GATE score(2014/2015). They must have a CGPA of at least 6.5 out of 10 or 65% in B.Tech/BE and 60% in all previous degree including 10+2.
IIIT-Delhi provides relaxation to SC, ST, OBC, PwD and CW category candidates. Specially, candidates under these categories must have CGPA of at lease 6.0 out of 10 or 60% in B.Tech/BE and 55% in all previous degree including 10+2.
Note: Candidates who are appearing in the final examination are also eligible to apply. They are required to give their last CGPA/aggregate percentage of marks.
Candidates that satisfy the eligibility criteria must go through the application process and the selection process before they qualify for admission to the M.Tech program at IIIT Delhi.
- Apply online: Fill up the online M.Tech application form.
- Please note that online application portal will allow you to apply for a single or a combination of two programmes. If you are applying for a combination of two programmes, you will be allowed to attend written test and interview for both the programmes, if shortlisted for both. However the final admission and award of degree will be only to one programme.
- Application checklist:
- Read the instructions carefully.
- Fill up the form online
- Pay the M.Tech application processing fee of Rs.350/- (Rs.700/- for combination of two programmes) online
The selection for M.Tech admission will comprise of three stages.
1st Stage: The applicants will be screened on the basis of GATE scores as well as their previous academic record (B.Tech/BE, 10+2). A maximum of 430 (230 for CS, 120 for ECE and 80 for CB) students will be invited to IIIT Delhi to participate in the second stage.
2nd Stage: The screened candidates have to appear for a written exam in IIIT Delhi that will test the candidates on mathematics, analytical abilities and comprehension skills. Depending on the results of this test, a maximum of 300 (160 for CS, 90 for ECE and 50 for CB) candidates will be invited to take part in the third stage, which will also take place in IIIT Delhi.
3rd Stage: The candidates will be interviewed by the IIIT Delhi Faculty members.
Scholarships: Eligible students will get GATE scholarships.
Fees: The fee for the entire M.Tech program is Rs 2.5 Lac. (The institute will reduce the overall fee by half for M.Tech(CB) students as the first batches, i.e. The fee for the entire M.Tech(CB) program is Rs. 1.25 Lac)
- Online Application Starts on -April 20, 2015 (Mon)
- Last Date of online Application -
May 24, 2015 (Sun)May 31, 2015 (Sun)
- Announcement of shortlisted candidates -
May 25, 2015 (Mon)June 01, 2015 (Mon)
- Test & Interview (at IIIT-Delhi campus) -June 11, 2015 (Thu)
- Publication of final Result -June 15, 2015 (Mon)
- Admission (at IIIT-Delhi Campus) -June 30, 2015 (Tue)
- Starting of Refresher module (Tentative) -July 01, 2015 (Wed)