PhD (ECE) Admission 2012
Online applications are now closed.
UPDATE: List of shortlisted candidates is available here.
- entry to global research ecosystem
- best practices from top universities across world
- attractive stipend and support
- collaborative program with international partners
IIIT-Delhi invites applications for admission in PhD (Electronics and Communication Engineering) (full-time only) in the following research areas:
- Fresh B.Tech. graduates with research aptitude are strongly encouraged to apply. GATE score is not mandatory.
- Students who wish to have a global expomay enroll in the collaborative PhD program with selected partner groups/institutes across the world. Students are also eligible for IIIT-Delhi Overseas Research Fellowship under this program (details).
- Industry / employed persons have an option to pursue a sponsored full-time PhD program (details).
- IIIT-Delhi provides relaxation to SC/ST, PH and CW category candidates (details).
- For the full details of the PhD program and requirements for its successful completion, please refer to this page.
Eligibility: IIIT-Delhi is looking for candidates who have good foundations in electronics theory, algorithms and enhanced problem solving capabilities. Excellent programming skills are an added advantage. GATE/GRE scores are optional. Specific eligibility criteria are given below.
- BTech / BE / MTech / MS / ME in ECE/EE/CSE/IT and allied areas
- CGPA at least 7.5 on a scale of 10 (or equivalent) in IITs/NITs or in the top 10% in his/her batch from other institutions.
- If your institute does not provide CGPA in the transcript, then at least 70% marks or distinction is required to be eligible.
- MSc(ECE/EE/CSE/IT and allied areas) degree is considered equivalent to the BTech/BE degree. Such students are also eligible to apply with the condition that they have BSc in above areas. The marks requirement is same as that given above for BTech/BE degrees.
Requirements may be relaxed for exceptional candidates with high GATE/GRE scores, good publications, R&D/software development experience in their area of interest or those from institutes of national and international repute. The PhD admission committee may also invite some of these candidates directly for interview.
Contact: For general queries, please refer to the frequently asked questions. For other information, you may contact us through email at email@example.com (no support will be provided over telephone).
Please do not email us with your resume/C.V - application will be entirely online only through this website.
Please check this page for future announcements and more information.