M.Tech (CSE & ECE) Admission Details
Updated on 17-03-17
Background of Full-time M.Tech Program
IIIT-Delhi subscribes to the view that a Master degree is primarily industry-focused, though it can be used as a stepping stone for research as well. The decision whether the degree is to be pursued for skill and knowledge up-gradation or also for building research skills should rest with the student. The Institute also believes that a student should be given an option of pursuing M.Tech. without assistantship so he/she can focus full time on the program, and possibly finish the program sooner, as compared to a student who is on Assistantship and so has to do part-time work in lieu of the assistantship.
The Institute feels that to address the needs of the industry, which today requires more specialized manpower as each field is getting more complex, it is desirable to provide specializations within CSE and ECE in the M.Tech. program. For this, the Institute permits a student to do a "M.Tech." or "M.Tech. with specialization". The following are the available specializations:
- M.Tech (Computer Science and Engineering)
- M.Tech in CSE with specialization in Data Engineering
- M.Tech in CSE with specialization in Information Security
- M.Tech in CSE with specialization in Mobile Computing
- M.Tech in CSE (without specialization) General
- M.Tech (Electronics and Communications Engineering)
- M.Tech in ECE with specialization in VLSI & Embedded Systems
- M.Tech in ECE with specialization in Communication and Signal Processing
- M.Tech in ECE (without specialization) General
All applicants must have a valid GATE score (2015/2016/2017) in CS with B.Tech/BE in CS/IT (& its allied areas) with a CGPA of at least 6.5 out of 10 or 65%. The applicants must have at least 60% in all previous degrees including 10+2. Applicants who do not satisfy the above criteria will not be able to submit the application form.
IIIT-Delhi provides relaxation to SC, ST, OBC, PwD and CW category candidates. Specifically, candidates under these categories must have a B.Tech/BE in CS/IT (& its allied areas) with a CGPA of at least 6.0 out of 10 or 60%. They must have at least 55% in all previous degree including 10+2. Applicants who do not satisfy the above criteria will not be able to submit the application form.
MCA/MSc in CS/IT is considered equivalent to the B.Tech/BE. Their eligibility criteria are the same as given above.
All applicants must have a valid GATE score (2015/2016/2017) in EC/EE/IN for ECE with B.Tech/BE in ECE/EE (& its allied areas) with a CGPA of at least 6.5 out of 10 or 65%. The applicants must have at least 60% in all previous degrees including 10+2. Applicants who do not satisfy the above criteria will not be considered for admission.
IIIT-Delhi provides relaxation to SC, ST, OBC, PwD and CW category candidates. Specifically, candidates under these categories must have a B.Tech/BE in ECE/EE (& its allied areas) with a CGPA of at least 6.0 out of 10 or 60%. They must have at least 55% in all previous degree including 10+2. Applicants who do not satisfy the above criteria will not be considered for admission.
MSc in Electronics (for ECE) is considered equivalent to the B.Tech/BE. Their eligibility criteria are the same as given above.
Note: Candidates in the final year of their programs and who expect to complete all their qualifying degree requirements before the date of registration are also eligible to apply for admissions. For shortlisting and selection purposes, their performance until the preceding semester (preceding year if their programs are year based) would be considered but their admission would be provisional, subject to their meeting the minimum eligibility criteria after their final qualifying examination results are announced.
- Apply online: Fill up the M.Tech application form available on this link.
- Application checklist:
- Read the instructions carefully.
- Fill up the form online
- Pay the application processing fee of Rs.360/-
- Online Application Starts on – April 26, 2017 (Wednesday)
- Last Date of online Application – June 02, 2017 (Friday)
- Announcement of shortlisted candidates – June 03, 2017 (Saturday)
- Test & Interview (at IIIT-Delhi campus) – June 16, 2017 (Friday)
- Publication of final Result (1st List) – June 21, 2017 (Wednesday)
- Acceptance of offer of Admission by - June 26, 2017 (Monday)
- Publication of final Result (2nd List, if seat left) – June 27, 2017 (Tuesday)
- Acceptance of offer of Admission by - June 30, 2017 (Friday)
- Admission (at IIIT-Delhi Campus) – June 30, 2017 (Friday)
- Starting of Refresher module - July 03, 2017 (Monday)
The selection for MTech admission will comprise of three stages.
- 1st Stage
- The applicants will be screened on the basis of GATE scores as well as their previous academic record (BTech/BE, 10+2). A maximum of 430 (250 for CS and 180 for ECE) students may be invited to IIIT-Delhi to participate in the second stage.
- 2nd Stage
- The screened candidates have to appear for a written exam at IIIT-Delhi. Depending on the results of this test, a maximum of 340 candidates (200 CSE & 140 ECE) may be invited to take part in the third stage, which will also take place in IIIT Delhi.
- This will be an aptitude test (will cover basic Mathematics, Analytical Abilities and Comprehension Skills)
- 3rd Stage
- The candidates will be interviewed by IIIT Delhi Faculty members.
Details for online coding competition: Applicable only for MTech (CSE) Applicants
All applicants for MTech CSE must take part in one of the long run CodeChef challenges (https://www.codechef.com/) which are held every month. These are typically named as January challenge 2017, February challenge 2017, etc. For the purpose of our MTech CSE admission in 2017, we will consider the result of any long run challenge held during (or after) January 2017. Note that since the date of on-campus written test and interview is June 16 2017, this means that even if you have not attempted any long run challenges yet, you can still attempt long run challenges in the upcoming months of April, May or June 2017.
All the information regarding this contest can be found in https://www.codechef.com/
- Appear in the above mentioned contest (https://www.codechef.com/). If you are creating a new username for Codechef, you must use the e-mail id you are providing in your IIITD application form. If you are using an existing username in Codechef, then you must provide the same email id in your IIITD application form. Note that this is mandatory, otherwise your scores will be ignored. Also, in both the cases (existing or new username), you must enter the IIIT Delhi application ID in the About Me field on the Codechef registration page.
- Solve as many problems as you can (within the time period allowed by the contest).
- Submit your solutions and obtain your score.
If you are shortlisted and asked to participate in the 2nd stage of selection process (written test), please bring a print out of your result and your code.
Get most of your doubts cleared about M.Tech Admission 2017 in Frequently Asked Questions.
For general queries, please refer to the frequently asked questions. Please do not email us with your resume/CV. The application must be entered online. For other information, you may contact us through:
Phone No: +91-11-26907400 (During office hours between 9:30 am to 5:30 pm)
Acceptance of Offer
After publication of final result, applicant will be issued offer of admission. The last date of acceptance of offer will be June 26, 2017(Monday) for 1st selection list and June 30, 2017(Friday) for 2nd selection list (if announced).
To accept this offer, the selected candidates are required to send us the following documents before the last date of acceptance of offer as mentioned above at the address given below(the same can also be submitted in person), failing which your admission offer will be treated as cancelled.
- A signed copy of this letter.
- A bank draft of Rs. 87,500/- in favour of "IIIT-Delhi Collection Account" payable at "Delhi"
Printout of the online payment receipt of Rs. 87,500/-(if paying online)
[Online Payment Procedure: You can make payment online at the following link: https://payments.iiitd.edu.in/pg/fees/ in the "For Miscellaneous Payment" tab. Please fill your seven digit entrance test Roll number in the space provided for Enrollment number. Please intimate immediately by email to email@example.com, if you pay online.]
The address to which you should send your acceptance and demand draft is:
IIIT-Delhi,RoomNo. A-109, Academic Building,Okhla Industrial Estate,
Phase-III(Nr. Govindpuri Metro Station),New Delhi-110020
Admission of the candidates, who have accepted the offer will be done on June 30, 2017(Friday).
Allotment of Hostel
Application for Hostel Accommodation will be accepted on June 30, 2017(Friday). The allotment will be done before starting of refresher module (July 03, 2017) upon the availability of rooms. Outside Delhi candidates will be given preference during allotment and Delhi candidates will be allotted hostel based on Institute policy.
IIIT-D has taken a unique initiative by introducing the concept of summer refresher courses for incoming M.Tech students. The courses will be held on-campus from July 03 to July 28th, 2017. Those who accept the admission offer must attend the refresher courses.
For more details click here.
MTech Assistantship: Eligible students will get stipend.
Fees (Tuition & Hostel):
- The fee for the entire M.Tech program is Rs. 2.5 Lac.The payment schedule is as follows:
- Rs. 87,500/- [(Tuition fees of Rs. 62,500/- + Campus Maintenance Charges Rs. 15,000/-+ Security money of Rs. 10000(refundable)] at the time of accepting offer of admission.
- Rs. 62,500 (Tuition fees) at the start of Sem II of the program
- Rs. 77,500 (Tuition fees of Rs. 62,500/- + Campus Maintenance Charges Rs. 15,000/-)at the start of Sem III of the program, and
- Rs. 62,500 (Tuition fees) at the start of Sem IV of the program
- Hostel fees will be charged semester-wise. Approx. Hostel charges per semester (4 months) is given below;
|Program||Security (refundable)||Mess charges (Per sem -4 months)||Single Room(Per sem -4 months)||Double sharing Room (Per sem -4 months)||Triple sharing Room(Per sem -4 months)|
Refund Policy after withdrawal of admission:
Once accepted offer of admission, students will be refunded the fees deposited as per the following policy, if withdraw admission;
|Withdrawal Dates||Amount Refundable|
|Till June 26, 2017(Monday)||77,500/-|
|After June 26, 2017(Monday)||10000/-(only Security Deposite)|
Note – To withdraw admission student need to mail firstname.lastname@example.org.