- Current Sem (Mon15)
- B.Tech. (CSE)
- B.Tech. (ECE)
- Online Courses
- Special Topics
- About IIIT-D
M.Tech. Admission 2012
Admission for year 2012 is now over.
Consolidated List of Candidates with Allocated Stream
- CSE (updated at noon July 5, 2012)
Selected Candidates after Entrance Exam on June 16, 2012
Shortlisted Candidates for Entrance Exam on June 16, 2012
Direct Admission Results
"Admission related information is also available on our IVRS. To access our IVRS facility, please dial 011-25099202 or 011-25099209."
Special Announcement for MTech (ECE) 2012
Top 3 direct admission candidates (using GATE score) and top 3 candidates admitted through the entrance test who accept and join the program will be offered a 100% fee-waiver. All other candidates who accept and join the program will get a 50% fee-waiver.
This is only for the 2012 MTech (ECE) program.
Background of MTech Program: The goal of the MTech program is to train students to become professionals for the high-end jobs. The program is based on the best practice models at top universities across the world. For details about the program, refer to this document. Some key features are listed below.
- Currently, IIIT-Delhi has only full-time MTech program in CSE and ECE.
- Maximum of 10 seats per specialization may be filled for those with high GATE score (Direct Admission).
- IIIT-Delhi will conduct a written exam and a programming exam in its campus on June 16th for the rest of the seats.
- Students with qualified GATE score will get a monthly stipend.
- For information about fees, refer to this page.
- IIIT-Delhi provides relaxation to SC/ST, PH and CW category candidates (details).
Areas: IIIT-Delhi invites applications for admission in MTech in 2012
- ECE in the following CS/IT areas:
- Last date of online application - May 20, 2012, 5:00pm (Sunday)
- DD should reach - May 31, 2012, 5:00pm (Thursday)
- Screening results of shortlisted candidates - Latest by June 2, 2012
- Test (At IIIT-Delhi campus) - Saturday, June 16, 2012
Eligibility for MTech in CSE:
- The minimum eligibility criterion for this program is B.Tech./B.E. in CS/IT/ECE/EE with at least 7.5 CGPA (out of 10) or 70% or distinction. We expect the candidates to have proper foundations in algorithms and theory, good programming skills, in particular, systems programming, and ability to work hard. Requirements may be relaxed for candidates with relevant experience in the area of security, database, or mobile computing.
- MCA/MSc(CS/IT/ECE) degree is considered equivalent to the BTech/BE degree. Such students are also eligible to apply with the condition that in their undergraduate (i.e. B.Sc.) they should have Mathematics as one of the courses. The marks requirement is same as that given above for BTech/BE degrees.
Eligibility for MTech in ECE:
- The minimum eligibility criterion for this program is B.Tech./B.E. in ECE/EE and allied areas with at least 7.5 CGPA (out of 10) or 70% or distinction. We expect the candidates to have good foundations in electronics and communications with enhanced problem solving capabilities. Excellent programming skills are an added advantage. Maximum of 10 seats per specialization may be filled using GATE score (Direct admission).
- MSc(in ECE or allied areas) degree is considered equivalent to the BTech/BE degree. Such students are also eligible to apply with the condition that in their undergraduate (i.e. B.Sc.) they should have Mathematics as one of the courses. The marks requirement is same as that given above for BTech/BE degrees.
Sponsored Full Time Candidates: This category comprises of students who are working professionals and are sponsored by the reputed organization (from Government or private organizations) by giving an undertaking. They will not be entitled to any financial assistance from the Institute, fee waiver, and on-campus placement. Admission process will be same as for regular candidates. However, the institute currently has only full-time option and no part-time option is available.
- Apply online: Fill up the online MTech application form (closed).
- You can apply to only one program (CSE or ECE).
- Application checklist:
- Non refundable application fee: A demand draft of Rs. 350 in favor of IIIT-Delhi, payable at Delhi
- Please write your name, application ID, email and phone number at the back of the demand draft and send it by post to the address below.
- The draft
and the hardcopy of the application form(hardcopy is NOT required to apply) should reach IIIT-Delhi at the following address latest by May 31st 5:00pm, otherwise your application might be rejected without screening
MTech Admission Committee
3rd Floor, Library building, NSIT Campus
Azad Hind Fauj Marg
New Delhi - 110078
Admission Process: Based on the facts furnished in the application, a screening will be performed and selected candidates will be asked to appear for a competitive entrance process that includes written and programming tests and interview. Written test will contain objective and/or short subjective questions. The questions will cover a typical B.Tech. CSE / ECE curriculum. The written test for ECE may also ask the student to write pseudo code to test his/her ability in microcontroller/FPGA programming. In the programming test for CSE, candidates will be asked to write and execute a few programs in one of four languages (C, C++, C#, JAVA).
The list of selected candidated and waitlisted candidates will be prepared based on the written test (and programming test, for CSE) performance.
Fees and Assistantship: The fee for the entire MTech program is Rs 2.5 Lac (i.e. Rs 1.25 Lac per year if M.Tech. is completed within 4 semesters).
Only for MTech (ECE) candidates this year, the fee has been reduced to Rs 1.25 Lac for the entire program. Furthermore, top 3 candidates who join the program through Direct Admission (using GATE scores) and top 3 candidates who join the program through the entrance test will be offered a 100% fee waiver.
Contact: For general queries, please refer to the frequently asked questions. Please do not email us with your resume/C.V - application will be entirely online only through this website. For other information, you may contact us through email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call +91-11-25099214 only between 11am to 1pm.
Please check this page for future announcements and more information.