IIIT-Delhi has evolved a system for allowing students to take online courses. Students can take advantage of the increasing amount of such courses made available by reputed universities across the world to complement the courses offered in the institute.
As of now, B.Tech. students are allowed to register for online courses. Rules regarding the same are given below.
- Students can register for online courses which provide a certificate of completion at the end.
- For online courses only S/X grades will be issued (which will not be counted towards computing of CGPA but will be counted towards the number of credits required for degree).
- Online courses cannot be done in the first four semesters. In general, permission will not be granted for the fifth semester as students should do the core courses offered by the institute.
- Per semester at most 4 credits of online courses will be permitted and at most 8 credits of online courses in the entire program. Moreover, per semester, at most one course out of IS/UR/IP/OC is permitted -- however, this rule may be relaxed in extraordinary cases.
- Registration for online courses requires the permission of the Dean/Chair of UG Committee.
- Permission will not be given for courses which are also offered regularly by the institute.
- To register for an online course an OC registration form has to be submitted duly signed by a supervising faculty. The supervising faculty will decide how the course will be evaluated and will be responsible for assigning a grade.
UGC has pre-approved the following online courses. Other online courses need to be approved by UGC before becoming available for registration.
CSE300 (Software Engg.)
Probability, Matlab/Python Programming, Simple Calculus, Linear Algebra